Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Respect for Fatty

In today's #BWD: getting on your bike can change the way you think about almost everything; the things you think you know about food can hurt you; and an encounter between two courageous, compassionate hearts. May it bless you.

Be Well,
Bob

MIND
Leaving the car keys at home and choosing the bicycle instead will certainly change your body, but it will also change the way you think: about your clothes, about your town, and about yourself. In this piece, Elly Blue reflects on Your Life, By Bike.

BODY
I did quite poorly on this quiz. Web MD offers this eye opening lesson on some food safety myths: Can I Eat That?


SPIRIT
I used to fear being the fat guy at the gym. Then I decided I rather be him than the fat guy in the coffin. I'm sure there are some people who judged me for my weight, but more often than not I found acceptance and encouragement. Here's a moving example of the welcoming spirit I discovered in the weight room, on the treadmill, and on the running trail.